Note that the "Supplementary Terms" contain specific additional regulations for certain jurisdictions such as the EU or California.
Effective Date: August 14, 2021
1. Personal Information We Collect
Information You Provide Directly to Us or Third Parties
We may collect information directly from you or from other companies with whom you have a relationship. For example:
- When you create an account and register for or use our Service, you will provide us with information such as, your name, nickname, email address, password, date of birth, gender, mobile phone number, Sociable service ID.
- When you login with a third-party account, we receive information about you from third parties including from other companies such as Facebook, Apple, and Google. For example, we will get access to information such as your Social Network Service (SNS) account information, email address, date of birth, gender, profile information of your SNS account and your friend list (depending on your choices).
- When you start using the Service, we will collect user-generated contents, including comments, short messages, photographs, voice, and videos (including captured picture thereof), that you choose to share, transmit, broadcast and/or upload on our platform.
- When you win a prize from a promotional event, or when you decide to cash out, you will provide us with information such as, a copy of identification card, your name, account information
Information about Your Use of Our Service
- Device information: OS platform of your device, device information including type of device, brand, model and version of OS, IP address, advertising identifier, device language, device time zone, version of application that you are using, locale country and language of the device, the location (country and city) where you log in, your purchase history in application store, available languages, device capability, bandwidth, network type, and traffic to and from our websites, error-reporting information, the time the error occurred, the feature being used and the state of the Application when the error occurred.
- Log information: Usage information, such as, URL, redirected URL, performance timing, referrer, network type, network info, charge status, ad block info, cookies, and access history.
- Location information: We will process your location or geographical information based on your consent or if permitted, where this is necessary to deliver the Service you have requested.
- Service usage information: Details of your interactions with other users, details of interaction between you and the Service or you and our website, and other information about your use of our Service, such as bookmarks and visit history.
- Facial information: Facial marks and any additional facial information from Apple's TrueDepth API technologies. We will use Apple's TrueDepth API technologies to recognize user faces in camera experiences based on your consent or if permitted. We may track the movement of your eyes, mouth and face and use this facial information, where this is necessary to deliver the Service you have requested.
Links to Other Websites, Devices, Apps and Features
2. How We Use this Information
Provision of our Service based on your contractual relationship with us
We process your personal information when this is necessary under our contract with you, to:
- Provide you with our Service, and specific features you select when using our Service, which may require personalizing the content of our Service.
- With respect to the information from Apple's TrueDepth API, we may use this information to deliver and improve features provided by our Service (such as photo, video, effects, avatar and more). Specifically, we may use this information to provide users with more suitable contents and to apply avatar function, makeup, filters on the appropriate position. We will not use this information to personally identify any user. This information is processed in real time for delivering and improving these features only and discarded when the use of the features is finished. We do not share this information with third parties, do not store on our servers, or process for any other purpose other than the Service’s functionality we mentioned.
- Identify and authenticate you so that you may use our Service and to prevent illegal or inappropriate use of the Service.
- Deliver to you any administrative notices, alerts and communications relevant to your use of the Service.
- Effectively manage our relationship with our customers, including by communicating with you, responding to your queries, resolving technical issues, providing you with customer care support and sending you necessary information relating to our Services
Use of information for further purpose
- To improve the Service, and to develop and offer new services.
- To provide information about various events and opportunities to participate in the events, to provide advertising information.
- To contact you via email, SMS or otherwise for the purpose of informing you about new products, services or promotions offered by the Company (you can opt-out of such emails or SMSs by sending an email to email@example.com).
- To collect statistics on the use of Service including Service usage history, access frequency and interaction between users, to analyze customer behaviors, build up customer usage patterns and profiles in order to identify regional and global user trends and optimize our offering to customers globally and to improve the Service and its environments using the statistics.
- To protect against, identify, monitor and prevent fraud and other criminal activities, any other activities that may violate our Terms of Service or other applicable laws, or lead to claims or other liabilities.
- To restrict use of Service that violates laws and our Terms of Service, to prevent use of Service that interfere with the operation of the Service, including fraudulent use, and to prevent account theft.
- Comply with court orders and subpoenas, and respond to legally binding requests from government, law enforcement agencies, public authorities and/or regulators.
- Protect our legal rights, including by handling complaints, obtaining legal advice and establishing, exercising or defending legal claims relating to us or other companies in our group and our Service.
3. Sharing of Information
We transfer or disclose your personal information to third parties as described below:
- Affiliates, subsidiaries and personnel: We share your information with our personnel, including contractors and agents, and other companies in our group, to the extent this is necessary to provide our Service and to fulfil the purposes set out in Section 2 above.
- Service providers: We also transfer or disclose your information to carefully selected companies that provide services on our behalf; for example, companies that help us develop and operate systems for our Service, providers of IT services, security, hosting, analytics, mailing, billing or marketing services. These entities are only authorized to access and use your personal information to the extent this is necessary for them to provide us with their services, and they are not allowed to use this information for other purposes.
- Business advisors: We may share, for example, your information with our lawyers, accountants, business consultants, insurers, and auditors, to the extent it is necessary for them to provide us with their services.
- Government authorities, judicial authorities, regulators or other third parties where required: We will disclose personal information to government authorities, judicial authorities, regulators or other third parties where we have a legal requirement to do so or where we believe this is necessary:
- to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal processes (such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order);
- to verify or enforce compliance with the terms and policies governing our Service and to investigate fraud or other unlawful activity relating to the use of our Service or affecting our business, to the extent such disclosure is permitted by applicable data protection laws; and
- to protect and defend our rights, property, and the security or safety of our business operations and those of any of our respective affiliates, staff, business partners, our customers or members of the public.
- Corporate transactions: We may disclose your information to a third party (and their business advisors) in connection with any reorganization, restructuring, merger, acquisition or sale (including in the context of negotiations), dissolution, other transfer of assets, or in the event of a bankruptcy.
4. Retention of Personal Information
We take appropriate steps to ensure that we process and retain information in accordance with the following principles:
- at least for the duration for which the information is used to provide you with our Service;
- as required under law, a contract, or with regard to our statutory obligations (e.g., tax laws); or
- only for as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, is processed, or longer if required under any contract, by applicable law, or, in anonymized form, for statistical purposes, subject to appropriate safeguards. For example, if a dispute arises between you and Company or you fail to make payment for our Service, we may retain relevant information until such dispute is resolved or until such payment is made, respectively.
- Where we process your information with your consent, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of your requests in order to respect them in future.
5. Your Choices
Where permitted we may contact you via email, phone call, text messages or push notifications through our mobile apps. To submit a request concerning the receipt of such communications from us, please contact us using the information specified in the “Contact Us” Section below.
You can unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time by contacting us directly (see “Contact Us” section below). As noted in the Your Rights section below, you have the right to object to use of personal data for direct marketing purposes at any time.
6. Your Rights
To the extent provided by applicable law, you can request access to your personal information, or correct or update out-of-date or inaccurate personal information we hold about you. You may also have the right to request that we delete personal information that we hold about you. To delete your personal information yourself, please visit: https://sociableapp.com/user/delete-account. You may access and update some of your information through your account settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date.
To the extent provided by applicable laws, you can also ask us to restrict or limit the processing of your personal information, as well as to provide you with personal information that we have collected from you so that you may use it for your own purposes, and to ask us to share (port) this data to another controller.
In addition, to the extent provided by applicable law, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement).
You also may have the right under applicable law to object at any time to the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes, including profiling relating to direct marketing.
However, these rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, where they would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights) or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to any request you make. To make a request concerning your rights or to make an inquiry, use the contact details under the “Contact Us” section below.
7. How We Protect Personal Information
We take the protection of your information seriously and we have in place safeguards designed to protect the information we collect through our Service. However, please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system, or wireless connection is completely secure.
Please note, however, that the Service allows you to share text messages, photos, screenshots, videos and other communications in the Service with other users, and if you choose to share these items with other Service users, we may not be able to remove them from our servers or make them unavailable to anyone you have shared them with. Sending and sharing text messages, photos, screenshots, videos or other communications in the Service is your decision. By choosing to share that information, you should understand that you may no longer be able to control how that information is used and that it may become publicly available (depending in part on your actions or the actions of others with whom you have shared the information). The Service is not responsible for any use or misuse of information you share.
8. Personal Information of Children
The Service is not directed to children under the age of eighteen (18) and we do not knowingly solicit or collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of eighteen (18) as part of the Service. Additionally, we do not knowingly sell the personal information of children under the age of eighteen (18). If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of eighteen (18) as part of the Service, we will immediately delete such information from our records. If you believe that a child under the age of eighteen (18) may have provided us with personal information, please contact us using the information specified in the “Contact Us” section below.
9. Contact Us
For more information about our privacy practices, or to exercise any rights you may have pursuant to applicable law, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For Users Having Usual Residence in European Economic Area (EEA), UK or Switzerland
A. International Transfer of Personal Information
If you are a resident in the EEA (that is in the European Union and Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway), UK or Switzerland, we will transfer your personal information to Ireland and other countries outside the EEA, UK or Switzerland including Turkey,
We are a company based in Turkey. Though there are no adequacy decisions between Turkey and your country of residence, the data transfer to Turkey is nevertheless justified because all data we collect is also necessary to provide the Services.
Where we share your data with recipients as described, we will take appropriate measures, in compliance with applicable laws, to ensure that your personal information remains adequately protected. Such measures include for instance the use of EU approved Standard Contractual Clauses. In some instances, we will also rely on your explicit consent, where this is appropriate. To request more information or obtain a copy of the contractual agreements or other safeguards in place, use the contact details set out in the “Contact Us” Section.
B. How We Use this Information – additional information
The purposes and legal grounds for processing personal information are described above in section 2. In this section, we describe in which cases we will rely on consent:
- Send you marketing communications (where this is required by law or where we otherwise elect to rely on consent).
- On other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose explained to you at that time. When we rely on your consent, you always have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we carried out before you withdrew your consent. To exercise this right, please see the “Your Rights” section.
C. Personal Information of Children
For the users having usual residence in the EEA, UK or Switzerland, Section 8 should read as follows; Our Service is designed for a general audience and is not directed towards children. In connection with our Service, we do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from anyone under the age of eighteen (18) or knowingly allow such persons to use our Service. If you are under eighteen (18), please do not attempt to register for our Service or provide us with any personal information. If we learn that a person under the age of eighteen (18) has provided us with any personal information, we will promptly delete such personal information. If you believe that a child under age eighteen (18) may have provided us with personal information, please contact us using the information specified in the “Contact Us” section.